UW Tacoma Library: COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Main page content
Last updated: 11/02/20 at 9:20 am
Changes to Library Hours and Operations
Library facilities in the Snoqualmie (SNO) and Tioga Library Buildings (TLB) are closed until further notice.
Returning Materials: Books, Laptops and more
Book Return Locations
The drive-up book return (accessible from the C-Street turnaround by Gillenwater Plaza) is open for books and media, including Summit and Interlibrary Loan materials.
Returning Laptops, Calculators or other Equipment
- Laptops and calculators should NOT be returned in any book return.
- Appointments to return laptops and calculators can be made with the Library Curbside Lib2Go service
Keep in mind:
- Items will be quarantined for a minimum of 7 days. Because of quarantine, materials may take up to two weeks to be removed from your account.
- Library materials may also be returned by mail. Material sent via the mail will be checked in when it is received by the Libraries and is the responsibility of the borrower until that time. Please allow time for mailing and delivery.
Central Circulation Services, University of Washington, Box 352900, Seattle, Washington 98195-2900
During this special situation, the UW Libraries will be extending due dates. The UW Library is committed to the health and safety of our users and recognizes that current events may impact your ability to return items on time. If you have items checked out, please continue to renew them if possible using the Your Library Account link below. If fines are accrued, please visit the Library appeals form and FAQ.
When will we open again?
The health and safety of our users and staff continue to guide our planning. As health conditions and guidance change, we will expand access and services as soon as it is feasible to do so safely.
We do not know how the current public health situation will evolve in our community, and a transition from one phase to the next is dependent on significant changes to public health status and the development of new prevention plans at each stage to ensure the health and safety of all.
- UW Libraries Response to New WA State Guidance for Libraries 10/9