The 2020 BSN Application is Open!
While the April 15 priority deadline has passed, applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed on a space available basis. Applications reviewed based on date completed.
(As of May 20, 2020, applicants will be considered for the part-time program only in Autumn Quarter 2020)
Applying for admission to the BSN program is a two-step process. An online application and official transcripts must be submitted to the University; other required supplemental materials go directly to the UW Tacoma School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership.
Applications are reviewed after all application materials and transcripts have been received. Those meeting the deadlines listed below are assured of a review. Applications completed after that date will be considered as space allows. If the number of applications exceeds the available space, admissions will be competitive. Admission decisions could take up to 8 weeks.
- Autumn Quarter 2020: April 15th (Part-time students)
IMPORTANT: An applicant must have already earned an associate degree in nursing, be in the final year of an RN program (and eligible to sit for the NCLEX), or have been awarded a diploma in nursing by a hospital-based nursing school. Not an RN?
Determine the quarter you are applying for: full-time students can apply for winter quarter or summer quarter; part-time students choose to start in either winter quarter or autumn quarter. Those considering a residency that starts in late summer or early autumn should apply for winter quarter. Changing the application quarter may necessitate a new application and fee, so select carefully!
Depending on whether you are a new transfer student (new student), a returning student, or an international student, the application form and process may vary as indicated below.
If you have any questions about the application process for the RN-BSN program or encounter any technical difficulties, please contact Jaime Mason by email or at 253.692.5670.
Click to review the Application Checklist then make a selection below
New BSN students transfer to UW Tacoma from RN programs:
Apply online for the RN-BSN Program, completing the steps listed below in order. Please note you will NOT hear any admission decisions until step #3 is complete.
1. Apply to UW-Tacoma as a Transfer Student.
2. Set up your UW NetID. Establishing a UW NetID will allow you to work on parts of your application and return to your most recently saved application. Click HERE for the instructions to set up your UW NetID. Please allow a couple of days in between the completion of your transfer application and trying to establish your UW NetID.
3. Complete the BSN Program Application and Supplemental Kit Online.
UW Tacoma BSN students who have been away for two or more quarters should contact Jaime Mason prior to applying.
- Submit the Returning Student Application through ApplyWeb.
- Contact the UW Tacoma School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership about required materials and deadlines.
International students are required to have a Washington state RN license:
- Read the international students undergraduate admission page.
- Submit the International Transfer Student Application through ApplyWeb.
- Submit official transcripts, translations, and course-by course evaluation (if required) as described in the "International transfer application checklist".
- Complete the BSN Application and Suplemental Materials Kit.