Nursing Program Scholarships
The University of Washington Tacoma Nursing Program offers scholarships for current and newly admitted undergraduate and graduate students. Each year, awards range from $500 - $5,000 each. Funds are applied to tuition only.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) are required to receive any scholarship funds from the University of Washington. The school code for the University of Washington (including UW Tacoma) is 003798. Learn more about the FAFSA and WASFA here.
To apply for Nursing scholarships complete one or more of the following online applications. You need a UW NetID in order to access these applications. Whether or not you have been admitted to the Nursing program, you can establish a NetID by following the instructions here.
Scholarship Applications are now open! See descriptions and links below!
Application deadline is June 3, 2020.
Awarded scholarships will be applied to tuition for classes in Summer 2020, Autumn 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021.
If you have questions about any of the scholarship applications, please contact Nathan Ketzner by email at email@example.com
This application is for a broad set of scholarships that may be awarded to new or continuing, undergraduate or graduate students. The information submitted in this application is used to determine eligibility for all of the scholarships. Written responses are required as part of this application.
The Double Eagle Scholarship is for new or continuing, undergraduate or graduate Nursing students with a connection to the U.S. Armed Forces. This includes active duty service members, spouse of service members, or reservists. An essay is required as part of this application. Applicants must provide proof of military affiliation.
The Marjorie Dobratz Endowed Scholarship is for new or continuing Master of Nursing students pursuing the Nurse Educator curriculum option. Written responses are required as part of this application.
The MultiCare Health System Endowed Scholarship is for newly admitted undergraduate Nursing students. There are multiple ways to qualify for this scholarship, the most common are being a part-time, on-call employee or being an immediate family member of a MHS employee/retiree. No written response is required. Applicants must submit an eligibility form approved by a MultiCare representative.
External Scholarship Information
- UW Tacoma Office of Student Fellowships & Awards
The Office of Student Fellowships & Awards supports UW Tacoma students in their applications for competitive institutional, national, and international fellowships. In collaboration with campus partners, the Office raises awareness of fellowship opportunities, helps students develop the skills and personal insights necessary to pursue scholarships, and provides assistance throughout the application process. Visit the Office website for more information and a searchable fellowships database.
- UW Tacoma Scholarships
- UW Tacoma Financial Aid
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Scholarship Resources
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- The American Legion Eight and Forty Lung and Respiratory Disease Nursing Scholarship
- The Army Nurse Corps Association
- Ebony Nurses Association of Tacoma
- Emergency Nurses Association
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarship
- Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Search Engine
- King County Nurses Association
- Mary Mahoney Professional Nurses Organization
- National Student Nurses' Association
- Nursing Schools Almanac
- Navy Nurse Candidate Program
- Nursing Students of Washington State
- Pierce County Nurses Association
- Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Resources Nursing Scholarship Program
- UW School of Nursing: Financial Support
- UW School of Nursing: Types of Funding
- Washington Center for Nursing
- Washington Center for Nursing Scholarships
- Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Information
- Washington State Nurses Foundation
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship