The "ADN to BSN to MN" study option is an accelerated program plan for high-achieving associate degree or diploma-prepared nurses to earn their Master of Nursing degree. Applicants must be graduates of an NLN or ACEN accredited program. ADN-BSN-MN students substitute two undergraduate nursing courses with MN courses.
- To be considered for the ADN-BSN-MN study option, students must have:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all transfer college courses
- Complete Critical Analysis and Writing/T NURS 350 and with a grade of 3.5 or higher
ADN-BSN-MN Admission Process
Full-time BSN students must indicate their interest and begin the application process in the ADN-BSN-MN study option by the end of the first quarter of study. They will be notified of the application status for this accelerated program by Autumn Quarter.
Part-time BSN students must indicate their interest and complete the application process in the ADN-BSN-MN study option by the end of Winter Quarter in year one. They will be notified of the application status for this accelerated program by Spring Quarter.
The application process is as follows:
- Schedule an appointment with the undergraduate program advisor.
- Full-time students must meet with the advisor by the end of Summer Quarter
- Part-time students must meet with the advisor by the end of Autumn Quarter in year one
- Write a goal statement. The statement should be relative to the objectives of the MN program. This should include how the ADN-BSN-MN study option will assist you in meeting your professional goals. This should be a maximum of three pages.
- Submit the MN application. Download the MN application here.
- Full-time students must complete this application by the end of Summer Quarter
- Part-time students must complete this application by the end of Autumn Quarter in year one
- References. Three additional references are required for this program. Two must be submitted with the ADN-BSN-MN application and should include one academic references and one from a clinical nursing supervisor. The third reference will be submitted prior to completion of the BSN degree. MN Request for Recommendation forms are included in the UW Tacoma Master of Nursing Application listed in #3 above.
- Resume/CV. The resume should describe all work experience, including professional, volunteer and community activities, identify dates and positions, and provide a brief description of responsibilities.
- Criminal History Information and Authorization Form. The Nursing program requires all students to complete a Washington State patrol form and Criminal History Information sheet authorizing background checks before being considered for admission.
- Graduate School Application. Complete the online application for admission to the UW Graduate School.
- Full-time students must complete this application by the end of Winter Quarter.
- Part-time students must complete this application by the end of Winter Quarter in year two.
Acceptance into the ADN-BSN-MN study option does not guarantee acceptance into the UW Graduate School. The student must meet the criteria for acceptance. Please see the Master of Nursing Admission Requirements for details.