- Minimum 60 quarter credits completed
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 for all college coursework
- Currently licensed Washington State healthcare providers must provide proof of unrestricted license status (does not apply to non-licensed applicants)
- Completion of program prequisite courses (English Composition, Human Biology, Approved Statistics) prior to starting the Healthcare Leadership program
- Admitted students must complete criminal background check with acceptable results.
Applicants will be evaluated on:
- Admissions essay and application (supplemental kit)
- Current resume. Please include work experience, any honors or awards or any volunteer experience you have.
- Experiences related to healthcare (paid or volunteer). Health-related, professional, or volunteer experience strongly preferred.
Admissions and graduation requirements
Applicants to the Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Leadership must meet the following program requirements:
All courses must be completed with a minimum grade of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Healthcare Leadership applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
|Course||Credits||Required prior to admission|
|Foreign Language||Two years of the same language in high school or completion of college-level 102 (students whose native language is not English may be exempt from this requirement)||No, although recommended to complete prior to admission foreign language is a graduation requirement.|
|Mathematics||Three years of high school math through intermediate (second year) algebra or a course in intermediate algebra at the college level. (Math 99, TMATH 098, or equivalent)||
|Writing||15 Credits||5 credits* of English composition (English 101, TWRT 112, or equivalent) is required prior to admission, 10 additional writing-intensive credits** completed with required HCL coursework|
|Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning [Q]||5 Credits||Yes, An approved course by the UW School of Nursing in Introductory Statistics (TSOCWF 351, TMATH 110, or equivalent)|
|Visual, Literary and Performing Arts (Humanities) [V]||15 Credits||No|
|Individuals and Societies (Social Science) [I]||15 Credits||No|
|The Natural World (Natural Science) [N]||15 Credits||5 credit approved course in Human Biology (TSOCWF 350, T BIOL 240, or equivalent) OR a course in Anatomy and Physiology OR an equivalent course (contact program regarding courses)|
*Applicants whose first language is not English or who completed primary and secondary education outside of the U.S. will need to fulfill the English language proficiency requirement. For more information click on the Admission's website link here.
**Writing-intensive coursework may also count toward Visual, Literary, and Performing Arts (VLPA), Individuals and Society (I&S) or Natural World (NW) requirements
- Prospective UW Tacoma students should direct questions about the application procedure or program requirements to an admissions advisor prior to applying.
- Currently enrolled UW Tacoma students should direct questions about the application procedure or the admission requirements to the Healthcare Leadership Program (253.692.4470 or email@example.com)
- UW Equivalency Guide - see how courses from community and technical colleges in Washington state transfer to the University of Washington. For courses offered by any other institution, see the UW's Transfer Credit Policies or consult an advisor (see below).
- Common Course Numbering
- Prospective Student Planning Guide