Checklist to Re-enroll

Main page content

Students who intend to re-enroll at the University of Washington after an absence of more than one quarter should review and complete the following steps in order to facilitate a smooth return to the University of Washington Tacoma.


Returning Student Re-enrollment Process



The checklist information presented on this page applies to the Returning Student Re-enrollment Process for matriculated students at the Tacoma campus only.


UW Bothell: Students previously enrolled at UW Bothell campus and looking to return to UW Bothell, please visit Returning Students - Bothell


UW Seattle: Students previously enrolled at UW Seattle campus and looking to return to UW Seattle, please visit Returning Students - UW Seattle



Re-Enrollment Eligibility

Log into MyUW to check eligibility to enroll or whether to complete the Re-enrollment process. Students who have been absent more than one quarter (excluding Summer quarter) need to complete the re-enrollment process.


Visit MyUW



Academic Advising

1. Consult with your academic advisor and discuss your plans to return.

2. Review the Returning Student Re-enrollment instructions and submit the online Returning Student Application.



Financial Aid

Students who need or have received financial aid previously should consult with the the Financial Aid Office.


Office of student Financial Aid



Fiscal Services

Students who have a financial hold on their account or need assistance in navigating an outstanding debt should contact Student Fiscal Services.


Student Fiscal Services



Disability Resources

Students requiring assistance from Disability Resources need to contact Disability Resources for Students to determine next steps.


Disability Resources for Students




Be advised that students returning to the University may not necessarily be readmitted under their previous residency classification. It is highly suggested that students check their tuition statement to ensure the tuition rate and fees are charged correctly. Students should be prepared to complete any necessary application and and provide copies of documents required to correct their classification with the Office of the Registrar.


Residency Requirements