Main page content

Diplomas are mailed to the student's address selected on MyUW (local or permanent) two to three months following graduation. The diploma will list your name, degree, and any applicable honors. Majors are not listed on UW diplomas.

Diploma Name

Diplomas are issued with the legal first and last name. Preferred names are not permitted.  To indicate hyphens, spaces, lower/upper case letters, accents, or other special characters on your diploma, complete the Diploma Name Request Form.  Submit to the Registrar’s Office in MAT 253 or by email to uwtgrad@uw.edu , by the last day of the quarter you plan to graduate.

To change your legal name on your University records, file a Change of Student Name form with the appropriate legal documentation which may include: marriage license/certificate, court order, divorce decree, passport or permanent visa. Change of Student Name forms can be submitted to the Registrar’s Office in MAT 253. 

Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma)

For students graduating June 2016 or later, alumni may purchase a Certified Electronic Diploma for $10.95.  For more information or to purchase, visit the Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma) information at UW Seattle.

Replancement or Additional Diplomas

To order additional or replacement diplomas, download the Diploma Replacement Form for questions contact the Office of Graduations and Academic Records at (206) 543-1803 or at diploma@uw.edu. The diploma replacement fee is $20.00.  These are processed by the Office of Graduations and Academic Records at the Seattle Campus.

Note: Diploma replacements are currently unavailable; however, you may order a Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma).

Students receiving a Master's degree or an EdD degree need to contact the Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) at uwgrad@uw.edu or 206.685.2630 for graduation deadlines.