- E-transcripts are available only for students entering the University in 1983 to present.
- If you need your official transcript notarized, you can not use e-transcript for delivery of your official transcript.
- Although the University of Washington provides official e-transcripts, some recipients may require official paper transcripts. Please confirm that the recipient accepts official e-transcripts prior to submitting your transcript request.
- Once the Registrar's Office has processed the request, eSCRIP-SAFE® will send the recipient an email containing a secure link to access the official e-transcript.
- The recipient will have 14 business days to open it. If not viewed during that period, the e-transcript PDF will be removed from the eSCRIP-SAFE® server, and the student must request another e-transcript.
- Once opened, the official e-transcript will remain available to the recipient for 24 hours after the initial viewing of the document before being deleted from the eSCRIP-SAFE® server. Recipients who have not received the e-transcript should check their spam folder to make sure the email was not intercepted by their spam filter.
Saving Official Electronic Transcripts
- Save the transcript to a document imaging system.
- Save the transcript to a secure storage space.
- Print the transcript and store in secure file space.
Test for Authenticity
Recipients can verify the authenticity of an electronic transcript by uploading the PDF document into the eSCRIP-SAFE® transcript validation program, Doc-Safe.