Guidelines for Petitioning to Add a Course after the Late Add Period
This is a request to add a course after the Late Add Period. If you believe you have extenuating circumstances that warrant consideration of adding a course late.
You will need to submit a Registration Transaction Request form with the following required information:
1. Submit your completed form with both the instructor and dean/director signatures and/or supporting documentation with approvals. Requests submitted without all signatures, including your own, will be denied.
2. If the course normally requires an entry code for you to add it to your schedule, please obtain the code from the respective department and complete the applicable block on the form. If a class does not normally require and entry code, it may be omitted from the late add petition.
3. If you are requesting a section change with the same instructor, an entry code is sufficient. You will not need to obtain the required signatures.
4. All independent study courses require a faculty number. If this is missing, the course cannot be added.
5. All variable credit courses require the number of credits to be listed.
When the Registration Transaction form is returned to the Registration Office, the staff will carefully examine it to make sure that you have provided all of the necessary information, along with your phone number or email where you can be reached if we have any additional questions. The staff member will also verify that all of the necessary information has been written on the form, such as the Schedule Line Number (SLN), course name, number, section, and credits to be added. If you are requesting independent study, the Faculty ID number must be on the form. Once the course has been added, you may check MyUW to see that your schedule has been updated.