UW Tacoma is now a member of the Grants Resource Center (GRC), a unit of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) that has supported sponsored research programs in higher education since the 1960s. Faculty have access to a number of excellent resources that support grant-seeking through our institutional membership, including the below.
Note that many of these resources require logging-in through our institutional membership (user name: tacoma, password: connection).
- GrantSearch, GRC's comprehensive database of recurring funding opportunities from federal and private sponsors for which institutes of higher education are eligible. GrantSearch allows for a number of specific search terms related to discipline, activity, and funding sponsor.
- A Faculty Alert Tool that delivers a monthly digest of upcoming funding opportunities customizable by academic subject, funding sponsor, and type of activity. To set the terms of your alert, complete the Faculty Alert Registration Form.
- A Funded Proposal Library, with awarded proposals available by request (through the Office of Research) for 1,500 recurring funding opportunities, including those from the National Science Foundation, Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, National Endowment for the Humanities, and private foundations. GRC staff can also assist in obtaining additional awarded proposals not currently available in the library. Contact Kara Luckey for assistance with this resource.
- Tailored funding searches conducted by GRC staff upon request. Please coordinate with Kara Luckey to make use of this service.
- “GRC Bulletin” publication listing new non-recurring federal funding announcements (twice-weekly) and monthly “Deadlines” publication listing all recurring upcoming federal and private opportunities. The Office of Research forwards these publication to faculty upon request (contact Kara Luckey to be placed on the distribution list).
- Additional resources available to the Office of Research that better equip us to support faculty research including faculty training resources and access to GRC staff expertise.
Please contact us with any questions about these resources and let us know how we can help you leverage them most effectively for your work!