Students that attend the event will have a chance to enter a drawing for some cool prizes! Including $25 gift card to the University Book Store or $10 gift card to Metro Coffee. We will be passing out some tasty treats. Program reps will also be handing out some free giveaways and swag!
Undecided and not sure on what you want to major in? Stop by the annual UW Tacoma Undergraduate Majors Fair! At the event students will have the opportunity to discover majors available in each program, explore areas of interest, and connect with academic advisors and faculty from different majors. Representatives from different Schools/departments will be available to discuss:
- What their program has to offer
- Specific requirements and curriculum for each major
- How to declare/application process
- Careers directly associated with their majors
Past Programs and Departments that have participated
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
- Milgard School of Business
- School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership
- School of Social Work and Criminal Justice
- School Urban Studies
- School of Education
- Global Honors
- University Academic Advising
- Study Abroad
- Career Development and Education
- Undergraduate Education
Who Should Attend
- Students who are undecided or pre-major
- Students considering changing their major
- Students interested in exploring UWT's academic programs
Questions to Ask
Here is a compiled list of the top questions to ask during the Majors Fair.
- What would I learn studying this major?
- What interest students about this major?
- What do students find most rewarding about your major?
- What’s the biggest challenge for students in your major?
- What course(s) do you recommend to help me explore your major?
- What are the required courses?
- What level of math is required?
- Do I need to declare the major before I can take these courses?
- How do I declare this major?
- Is there a minimum GPA required to declare the major?
- Does having this GPA guarantee admission into the major?
- How competitive is the application process? When do students typically apply?
- What careers are associated with this major?
- What kinds of job will I be able to find after I graduate?
For more information on the event contact Paul Cigarruista at email@example.com.