Pack Advisors (PAs) are responsible for assisting New Student and Family Programs in providing direct service to new students aimed at encouraging a successful academic and social transition into the UW Tacoma community. PAs will serve as role models and mentors to new students both through direct one-on-one interactions and through group activities and programs. Pack Advisors are responsible for connecting new students with important campus resources and key university contacts which will foster a positive transition and student experience.
Pack Advisor Required Qualifications
- Be a UW Tacoma undergraduate student and have completed at least one quarter
- Be enrolled in at least 12 credits each quarter
- Have a 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA
- Submit an application
- Submit a current resume
- Must be available for summer training
- Available to work the summer and academic school year.
Step 1. Apply for the Pack Advisor position on Handshake. You can access the application here.
Step 2. Complete the Supplemental application. Link in handshake profile.
Pack Advisors are asked to be available for the following times throughout the year: keep this in mind while you are applying to the program.
- Training: May, June, July and August. Times and dates to be determined.
- Advising & Registration Days: June-July 2020
- Husky Orientation Week: September 2020
- Academic Year Hours: Available to work 8-10 hours each week (We will schedule your work hours around your class schedule).
Week of February 24, 2020: Application Opens on Handshake
March 28, 2020 at 5:00pm: Application Closes
Week of March 25, 2020: Individual Interview Notification
Week of April 1-5, 2020: Individual Interviews (by invitation)
April 8-10, 2020: Selection Notification
For more information, please contact:
Associate Director, New Student & Family Programs
Follow the Pack Advisors on social media!