Parking Rate Adjustments Approved by the Board of Regents
To see a list of the new parking rates please visit Parking lots and rates.
The parking rates for the Tacoma campus were last updated 10 years ago. This has caused them to fall well below the market rate and not cover the operating and maintenance expenses of existing parking facilities.
Among the reasons for the rate increases are:
- Funding for deferred maintenance of existing aging parking facilities
- Allow Transportation Services to allot funding for capital costs of additional parking facilities
- Software upgrades for better management of parking operations
- Right size rates per facility to align correctly between historic and newer facilities
- Allows UWT Transportation Services to subsidize and provide reduced permit rates at the Tacoma Dome, Lot A
- Allows campus to maintain a lower cost UPASS rate