Main page content

PPPA offers an array of minors available to all UW Tacoma students. Our offerings are ideal for any students interested in current events, public affairs, human rights, ethics, economics, international studies, law, philosophy, and more.

How to Declare a Minor

Declare a minor by completing the Request to Declare/Change a Major or Minor form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.
You must have earned a minimum of 45 credits and declared a major before declaring a minor. If you have any questions about this process, please contact your advisor.

Asian Studies

A minor in Asian Studies offers a well-rounded understanding of the countries and cultures of Asia.

See Asian Studies minor requirements.


The Economics minor emphasizes conceptual and analytical thinking, engaging economics and its historical, political, environmental and social contexts.

See Economics minor requirements.

Human Rights

The Human Rights minor is a coordinated tri-campus initiative, enabling students interested in this rapidly emerging field of study to choose from courses on all three UW campuses. 

See Human Rights minor requirements.

Law and Policy

The Law and Policy minor examines the law and legal institutions, and the relationship between legal thinking, social institutions, and public policy analysis.

See Law and Policy minor requirements.


The Politics minor provides a survey of political and social connections, the relations between states and international institutions, and the history of relationships between governments and citizens. 

See Politics minor requirements.

Religious Studies

In the Religious Studies minor, students study various religions and the social implications of their beliefs.

See Religious Studies minor requirements.

NOTE: Students already majoring in Law and Policy cannot also minor in Law and Policy or Politics. Students already majoring in PP&E cannot also minor in Economics, Law and Policy, or Politics.

To request changes or updates to this page, please use our Web Edit Request Form.