Students majoring in Law and Policy or Politics, Philosophy & Economics (PP&E) have the option of graduating from their program with honors. Graduating with honors is especially recommended for students expecting to enter graduate school. For more information on this, speak with your advisor.
Students looking to graduate with honors must:
- Meet all program and major graduation requirements.
- Take TWRT 211 Argument and Research in Writing and earn at least a 3.0 in the class.
- Take an additional (second) capstone class, TPOLS 480 or TPOLS 496, and earn at least a 3.5 in the class.
- Submit an application to the SIAS office.
- Maintain a cumulative UW Tacoma GPA of 3.5 or above at the time of application, and at the time of graduation.
NOTE: Students interested in graduating with honors should speak with their advisor prior to submitting an application, and apply only AFTER the academic requirements listed above are met, unless one or more requirements are being completed in the student's final quarter. The application can be viewed here.
To request changes or updates to this page, please use our Web Edit Request Form.