Director - Office of Field Placements and Partnerships
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 3, 2019
The School of Education (SOE) has an exciting opportunity for a Director of the Office of Field Placements and Partnerships.
This role will represent the SOE internally and externally, with four primary roles within the SOE:
- Overall operations and administrative responsibilities for the Office of Field Placements and Partnerships
- Coordinate and Support TCP Candidates in Field Placements: Position will be responsible for the coordination of field placements for TCP programs, and will support candidates, faculty, field supervisors, and mentor teachers.
- Partnership Development, Evaluation, and Maintenance: In collaboration with the Dean and SOE faculty, this position will help cultivate, develop, maintain, and support partnerships with PK-12 schools and community organizations that share our unique mission and values as articulated in our conceptual framework.
- edTPA: This position will be responsible for serving as the SOE edTPA coordinator.
Interested in becoming a Part-Time Lecturer or Field Supervisor
In accordance with the University of Washington's Faculty Code, all prospective part-time lecturers and teaching associates/field supervisors (hereinafter referred to as field supervisors) are required to submit materials for review by a school’s or unit’s full-time faculty. A majority yes-vote among the full-time faculty in the School of Education (SoE) is required before an applicant is formally approved to teach or supervise SoE students. UW's Academic HR is the final authority on approving hires. Additionally, the successful completion of a criminal background check is a requirement before any appointments are extended. More information will be provided when an appointment is offered.
1. PROGRAM AREAS IN THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
The School of Education includes the following program areas:
- Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Educational Administration Certification
- M.Ed. for Practicing Teachers
- Undergraduate Education Minors
- Teacher Certification Programs in Special Education, Secondary (Mathematics and Science), and TELL (Teaching English Learners.
2. SUMMARY OF ROLES
Part-time lecturers teach across all of our programs. Field supervision occurs in the following programs: Teacher Certification programs in Special Education, Secondary (Mathematics or Science), and TELL (Teaching English Language Learners), and Educational Administration certification (principal preparation).
3. APPLICATION MATERIALS
Review the Application Instructions for an overview and list of required application materials.
Cindy Valerio, Administrator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-692-4432 and Donna Braboy, Program Support Supervisor, email: email@example.com, 253-692-4431 will serve as your main points of contacts. They will send announcements, program and campus information, and conduct general communication with you via email throughout the quarter. Please feel free to contact them via phone or email if you have questions.