Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Are you wondering if graduate school will help you advance your career? Educators who continue professional studies in the School of Education at UW Tacoma often tell us about their prime motivations. Do any of these scenarios resonate with you?
- You are a successful educator and now you are ready to continue learning and growing by completing your Master's in Education for Practicing Educators.
- You want a kick start for career advancement and increased compensation.
- You are looking for a master’s degree that provides transferable skills preparing you for a broad range of career paths in K-12, higher education, and beyond.
Whether you are a career teacher or you work with students in a college or university setting, we have a program to help you advance your career. The UW Tacoma School of Education may be a good fit if you’re looking for:
- A flexible, evening master’s program that fits with your work schedule
- Professors and classmates who support and challenge you in acquiring relevant, real-world skills
Why should you choose the UW Tacoma School of Education?
- We welcome educators outside traditional teaching roles. We offer program tracks that deliver transferable skills and training that can be applied in various academic positions, including student advising and administrative staff.
- We provide a classroom environment that allows students to learn from each other while also offering some courses online to provide schedule flexibility.
- You will earn a respected University of Washington degree from highly skilled faculty in a quality learning environment.
- We offer tuition exemption opportunities for eligible state employees.
Let the UW Tacoma School of Education help you advance your career!
Who enrolls in the UW Tacoma School of Education?
You'll form lasting relationship with other education professionals having similar goals:
- Practicing teachers who don’t yet have a master’s degree
- Advisors and other administrative staff at two- and four-year colleges and universities seeking a master’s degree in education
- Education professionals taking the next step in their journey to becoming a principal, administrator or other leader in education
What programs at the UW Tacoma School of Education are a match?
At UW Tacoma, we understand the needs of working professionals like you. We think you'll be a great fit for:
You've got this!