TENURE AND PROMOTION PAGE
For faculty applying for tenure or promotion.
Academic Affairs Tenure and Promotion Information Page
Faculty are responsible for providing the highlighted items in electronic and if needed non-electronic paper format.
- Work with the Chair to provide a document indicating the names, qualifications of the external reviewers, how and why they were chosen. Include all their contact information.
- Bibliography (if it’s separate from the CV)
- Self-Assessment/Narrative - Most Significant Contributions and Personal Statement. You should provide a promotion statement listing and describing your scholarly or creative contributions in the record that are likely to be of the most lasting significance. If going up for promotion, the majority of selected contributions should have been completed after appointment as Assistant Professor when requesting promotion to Associate Professor, or after appointment to Associate Professor when requesting promotion to Professor. You should explain briefly why these contributions are most significant, describing the relationship between these pieces and your overall research agenda. You are also expected to briefly describe your significant teaching and service contributions.
- External Review Letters
- Summary page of courses taught at UW, dates and evaluations
- Student teaching evaluation forms (not the comment sheets)
- Annual review letters from annual meetings with the director – all of them for Assistant Professors
- Peer evaluations for teaching for each year
- Third-year Review (if applicable)
- TP3 - Review Committee Report
- Summary of the Review Committee provided to the candidate
- Candidate’s response to the Review Committee report (I will add this to the box)
- TP4 – Voting Faculty’s Recommendation
- Summary of voting faculty’s recommendation (could be the TP4 if that’s what was given to the candidate – please indicate if that’s the case )
- Candidate’s response to voting faculty’s recommendation (I will add this to the box)
- Dean/director’s independent recommendation
Please visit the UW Tacoma Academic Human Resource page for more information: