The following are required for admission to the School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS) Program and the University of Washington Graduate School:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- 3.0 grade-point average calculated from the applicant's final 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits;
- Completed online UW Graduate School application. Please print or save a copy for your record;
- Statement of Intent;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Current résumé;
For complete application information, please refer to the How to Apply page for more details.
Applicants with international baccalaureate degree or higher
November 1 (Autumn Quarter) is the suggested date for applicants with international baccalaureate degrees or higher to apply to the MAIS Program.
Your internation transcript must include:
- Degree statement, including date of graduation and title of academic degree awarded
- All coursework with grades
- The record must be submitted in the original language along with a certified English translation
If you are admitted to the MAIS Program and choose to attend, then the UW Graduate School will require you to submit official International Academic Credentials. For additional information on this requirement, refer to the UW Graduate School website.
English language proficiency
The UW Graduate School requires proof of English language proficiency as outlined in the Graduate School Memoranda #8.