Deadline for Autumn 2017 Admission: March 15, 2017
|1. Create a Profile and Complete Application||
Create a "new applicant profile" by providing your contact and other personal information at the University of Washington Graduate School application website.
From there choose UW Tacoma, Interdisciplinary Studies, (Tacoma Campus) MAIS.
Follow the directions on the online application to create your applicant profile.
|2. Provide Supporting Documentation||
Complete each section of the online application:
|3. Submit Official GRE Scores||
The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores are required for admission. If you have not taken the GRE, please schedule an appointment to take the GRE.
Official GRE scores usually arrive three (3) weeks after the test date. Plan your exam to allow enough time for the results to arrive prior to the application deadline of March 15.
To report your scores, select the options below:
Contact the MAIS Program Advisor/Administrator if you have any questions.
|4. Acknowledgment||Login to the UW Graduate School Application and verify that your application is complete. Please note that all required materials must be received before your application can be evaluated. You may be contacted by the MAIS program requesting additional material as needed.|
|5. Decisions||The MAIS Admissions Committee reviews applications after the March 15 deadline. Applicants will be notified of final admissions decisions no later than June 30.|
|6. Post-Admission Follow-Up||If you are admitted to the MAIS program and choose to attend, then log back into your application page and follow the steps online.|
Required Supplemental Application Material & Résumé
Your résumé is required to be uploaded in Word or PDF in one paginated document using a minimum font size of 11, and should include the following:
- A complete listing of all higher educational institutions attended, including type of degree and the grade point average (GPA) earned;
- All professional work experience;
- Any relevant community and/or extracurricular activities;
- Any awards, honors, or other forms of recognition (academic, community, military, etc.)
Upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. If you aren't able to upload the documents, please contact the MAIS Program Advisor/Administrator.
Statement of Intent
All applicants must upload a Statement of Intent, which should address the following topics:
- What are your educational and professional goals?
- How will the MAIS program help you accomplish your goals, given your current professional and educational background?
- Applicants also need to identify potential SIAS graduate faculty members that they are interested in working with on their thesis/degree project/practicum committees. This is a necessary component of the Statement of Intent, so that the program can match students accordingly, as well as identify whether or not the program can support students' specific research interests. To see a list of MAIS Graduate faculty, visit the Graduate Faculty Locator and select "Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences - Tacoma." Use this essay to include any other information that would be helpful for the Admissions Committee to know. Please upload your Statement of Intent in Word or PDF in one paginated document using a minimum font size of 11.
For any questions about the application process or help in completing your application, please contact the MAIS Program Advisor/Administrator by phone 253-692-4458, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request changes to this page, please contact Karin Dalesky at email@example.com.