CWTAP Application Process
The first step is to apply to the University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) Master of Social Work (MSW) program. Once offered admission to the UWT MSW program students will receive an email about an informational session on the program and the process to apply. Note: You must have a valid Washington State Driver License to work for Children's Administration thus, students must also have one to be in the CWTAP program.
All applications must be complete and submitted by the applicable deadline. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified after the application deadline.
All applicants must successfully complete a background check which includes a check of Children’s Administration (CA) records regarding reports of child abuse and neglect. Applicants are potential CA employees and must also provide documentation verifying employment eligibility within the United States.
CA employees must obtain the approval of their local Regional Administrator to be considered for CWTAP.
You must submit the following materials to complete the application process:
- Application instructions
- Application checklist
- CWTAP application form
- Your resume
- Copy of your UW Tacoma Master of Social Work offer of admission letter
- Two letters of reference (at least one professional reference)
- Children's Administration employee participation form
(for CA employees only)
- Typewritten, double-spaced, two-page essay describing your interest in public child welfare
- Background authorization form
This form must be typewritten. Handwritten submissions will be returned which will delay processing of your application packet.
- Completed employee eligibility (I-9) form
- Photocopies of your Social Security card and picture identification
(driver’s license or passport)
- Mandated Reporter Pledge
Autumn 2018 applicants to the 3-year MSW program :
Updated dates and deadlines will be posted here in late-May 2018.