CWTAP Application Process
Main page content
The first step is to apply to the University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) Master of Social Work (MSW) program. Once offered admission to the UWT MSW program students will receive an email about an information session on the program and the process to apply. Note: You must have a valid Washington State Driver License to work for the Department of Children, Youth and Families thus, students must also have one to be in the CWTAP program.
All applications must be complete and submitted by the applicable deadline. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified after the application deadline.
All applicants must successfully complete a background check which includes a check of the Department of Children, Youth and Families' records regarding reports of child abuse and neglect. Applicants are potential DCYF employees and must also provide documentation verifying employment eligibility within the United States.
DCYF employees must obtain the approval of their local Regional Administrator to be considered for CWTAP (see below in the application packet forms).
You must submit the following materials (below) to complete the application process (With the exception of signatures, these forms MUST by typewritten. Handwritten submissions will be returned which will delay processing of your application packet):
- Application Instructions
- Completed CWTAP application checklist
- Completed CWTAP application form
- Completed Employee Eligibility Verification (I-9) form including (clean) photocopies of your documents
- Photocopy of your driver's license (clean copy)
- Completed Background authorization form and summary
- Signed/Approved Department of Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) employee participation form (for DCYF employees only)
- Copy of your UW Tacoma MSW offer of admission letter
- Two letters of reference (at least one professional reference)
- Typewritten, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
- Non-DCYF Employee: "why are you interested in working within the public child warefare system"
- DCYF Employee: "Why are you interested in continuing to work within the public child welfare system"
- Mandated Reporting Expectations Form
Wednesday, May 29th 3-5 PM in CP 206C
Monday, June 17th by 5 PM
Thursday, June 27th and Friday, June 28th