Online CJ | Admission Requirements
Main page content
The UW Tacoma Social Work and Criminal Justice Program now offers a fully online Criminal Justice major.
The Criminal Justice degree offers a multidisciplinary understanding of crime and justice within the framework of broader social processes within our society. The program examines all major aspects of the justice system from an ecological systems approach rather than a specialization in one narrow content area. The curriculum provides a theoretical understanding of the discipline, combined with an understanding of the scientific method as it applies to criminal justice.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completion of all admission prerequisite requirements
- Previous academic history
- Personal goal statement describing your interest in criminal justice
Please note, the Online Criminal Justice major admits students in Autumn Quarter only.
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Be in the process of admission to the UW Tacoma campus (including completion of intermediate algebra requirement), or a current UW Tacoma student. Remember, the online CJ major admits Autumn Quarter only.
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Transfer applicants must have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA in all transfer coursework.
- Current UW students who seek to either declare or change their major to criminal justice or criminal justice online must have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA in all UW coursework and be in good standing with the university.
- Have completed at least 90 UW or transferable college-level credits by the time of enrollment in the program.
- Have completed 5 credits of English Composition with at least a 2.0 (C) grade
The online Criminal Justice (CJ) degree completion program follows the same curriculum and major requirements as the on-campus CJ major. All 65 credits required for the major will be available online, alongside other online UW courses to help fulfill degree requirements.
► Subscribe to our mailing list for upcoming deadlines, events, and opportunities:
Criminal Justice Mailing List
► Autumn 2019 priority application deadline: March 15, 2019
Autumn 2019 applications are still being accepted! Apply today!