Student organizations utilize students' energies, aptitudes and knowledge to enhance opportunities for student learning and service. If you want to get involved or learn more, visit the Student Involvement website to review a list of registered student organizations such as Student Social Work Organization (SSWO).
Phi Alpha (ΦΑ) Honor Society
The Social Work Program at the University of Washington Tacoma established the Xi Pi Chapter of Phi Alpha, a national honor society for social work students, in 2006. Dr. JaeRan Kim and Dr. Claudia Sellmaier are the faculty advisers.
Scholarships for Social Work Students
Visit our scholarship page to learn more about scholarship opportunities for MSW students!
Sign up for the Social Work email list
UWTMSW is an electronic mailing list for current MSW students. This email list will provide you with reminders of upcoming deadlines, registration information, job and internship opportunities, special events, graduation information and more. Once admitted to the MSW Program, students are automatically subscribed to the listserv, prior to the quarter of admission.
The Social Work Graduate Program Advisor is responsible for helping students with the technical pieces of graduate student life — deadlines, forms and formal procedures. Registration, course scheduling, graduation requirements and grade issues are all areas where the graduate advisor can assist you. The graduate program advisor also functions as a liaison to the Graduate School.
You are also randomly assigned an official Faculty Advisor with whom you should meet on a periodic basis. As you get to know faculty members better, you may request a change of advisor through the director. In addition to your faculty advisor, you can turn to any faculty member regarding specific issues. Such informal advising is common and highly encouraged. Faculty are best used when you need counseling on educational and professional career choices or in circumstances where you experience personal difficulties that affect your progress in the program.
Registration and courses
Information technology assistance
- 2018-2019 MSW Program Manual
- 2017-2018 MSW Program Manual
- 2016-2017 MSW Program Manual
- 2015-2016 MSW Program Manual
- 2014-2015 MSW Program Manual
- 2013-2014 MSW Program Manual
- Academic calendar
- Academic honesty
- Professional Standards Committee
- Professional Standards Committee referral form
- Grading policies for MSW students
- Inclement weather policy
- Essential Skills, Values and Standards of Professional Conduct for Admission to and Continuance in the School of Social Work
- Student Conduct Code
- Indian Health Service (IHS) Student Loan Repayment Program
- Major principles of the National Association of Social Worker's Code of Ethics
- CSWE BASW educational policy standards
- Social Work licensure information
- UW School of Social Work career resources
- UW School of Social Work Continuing Education
- School Social Worker (K-12) Certification Program