Autumn 2018 ElectionsWe are currently seeking nominations for several elected positions within the Association. Any professional, classified or librarian staff member at UW Tacoma is eligible to be nominated for any position. The open positions include: Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Staff Assembly Representatives. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself!
Vice-Chair (Two Year Term: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020)The Vice-Chair serves as a member of the Executive Board and Staff Assembly and assists in leading the Association. The duties and responsibilities of the Vice-Chair include:
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Chair in the Chair’s absence
- Overseeing and coordinating all election processes (including elected Officers, Committee Chairs and Assembly Representatives)
- Overseeing and supporting all UWTSA committees
- Directing all affairs of the UWTSA
- Serving as a member of the Chancellor's Cabinet to represent staff
- Serving as a member of the Chancellor's Budget Advisory Committee to represent staff
- Chair the Executive Board and Staff Assembly
- Act as spokesperson for the Association
Treasurer (Two Year Term: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020)The Treasurer serves as a member of the Executive Board and Staff Assembly. The duties and responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Managing the UWTSA operating and gift budgets
- Serve as a member of the Chancellor's Budget Advisory Committee
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the UWTSA membership and board.
Staff Assembly Representatives (One Year Term: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019)First started in 2017, the Staff Assembly is comprised of representatives from all divisions on campus. The purpose of the Assembly is to serve as a representative body of staff to discuss and provide feedback on various topics concerning staff (including issues that staff may be facing on campus). Both classified and professional staff are represented on the Assembly.
The duties and responsibilities of Representatives include:
- Attending all Staff Assembly meetings
- Developing a system for timely communication within their respective divisions (reporting out and collecting feedback)
- Fulfilling associated responsibilities of committee involvement (not required)
* Please note that not all Representative positions may be available for 2019. Some current Representatives have chosen to continue in their position for the next year. If a division is not listed, it is because the position is not available for 2018. *
Committee ChairsIn addition serving as a Representative for a division, we will offer the opportunity for a couple of Representatives to serve as Committee Chairs. The Committee Chair positions are appointed by the Executive Board and this process will begin once the Representatives have been elected. We will contact Representatives to gauge interest. In the event that a Committee Chair position is not filled by the Representatives, the Executive Board will open the position to all staff members on campus.
All staff members are encouraged to consider nominating themselves or a colleague! To nominate someone, please complete our online nomination form. Please note that all nominations must be supported/seconded by another individual. The nomination form will ask for the name of a second staff member who supports your nomination. Additionally, all nominations must be accepted by the nominee and the nominee may be asked to provide a short statement regarding their candidacy (to be included in the election ballot).
Nominations will be accepted through 12:00pm (noon) on Friday, November 9 2018. An online election ballot will follow shortly after.
Past Elections & VotingClick "More" to learn about that vote!
8/2016 By-Laws Voting