Autumn 2019 ElectionsWe are currently seeking nominations for several elected positions within the Association. Any professional, classified or librarian staff member at UW Tacoma is eligible to be nominated for any position. The open positions include: Vice-Chair and Secretary. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself!
Vice-Chair (Two Year Term: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021)The Vice-Chair serves as a member of the Executive Board and assists in leading the Association. The duties and responsibilities of the Vice-Chair include:
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Chair in the Chair’s absence
- Overseeing and coordinating all election processes (including elected Officers, Committee Chairs and Assembly Representatives)
- Overseeing and supporting all UWTSA committees
- Directing all affairs of the UWTSA
- Serving as a member of the Chancellor's Cabinet to represent staff
- Serving as a member of the Chancellor's Budget Advisory Committee to represent staff
- Chair the Executive Board and Staff Assembly
- Act as spokesperson for the Association
Secretary (Two Year Term: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021)The Secretary serves as a member of the Executive Board. The duties and responsibilities of the Secretary include:
- Recording the proceedings of the UWTSA meetings
- Distribute the minutes of the meetings
- Maintain the records of the UWTSA which will include a record of all UWTSA committees and the members therein
All staff members are encouraged to consider nominating themselves or a colleague! To nominate someone, please complete our online nomination form. Please note that all nominations must be supported/seconded by another individual. The nomination form will ask for the name of a second staff member who supports your nomination. Additionally, all nominations must be accepted by the nominee and the nominee may be asked to provide a short statement regarding their candidacy (to be included in the election ballot).
Nominations will be accepted through 12:00pm (noon) on Friday, November 1, 2019. An online election ballot will be available November 12 - December 6, 2019.
Past Elections & VotingClick "More" to learn about that vote!
8/2016 By-Laws Voting