Prompt Care at St Joseph will be closed on Sundays during the month of January 2019
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Clinics are open 365 days a year
The Franciscan Prompt Care at St. Joseph Medical Center, just a half mile up the hill from campus, serves as the designated hub for Student Health Services.
Student Health Services
Franciscan Prompt Care @ St. Joseph
1812 S. J Street, Suite 120
Tacoma, WA 98402
In addition, walk-in care is available at the following Franciscan Prompt Care locations:
- Bonney Lake – 9230 Sky Island Drive East
- Burien – 16045 1st Avenue South
- Gig Harbor – 4700 Point Fosdick Drive NW, Suite 102
- Lakewood – 9537 Gravelly Lake Drive SW, Suite E10
- Puyallup – 15214 Canyon Road E.
Virtual Urgent Care
Current students also have free access to Franciscan Virtual Urgent Care to talk to a doctor or nurse practitioner via phone or video chat 24/7.
Getting to Student Health Services
Student Health Services at Franciscan Prompt Care @ St. Joseph is approximately one-half mile from campus.
- Car: 2 minutes, up 19th Street to J Street. Free parking is available.
- Bus: 4 minutes on Pierce Transit Route 2.
- Walking: 13 minutes (up a very steep hill).
If you are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. While SHS provides care for many medical and psychological concerns, we are not staffed or equipped to provide emergency treatment. For a mental health crisis, you may want to consider the Pierce County Crisis Hotline at (800) 576-7764.