The UW Tacoma Office of Global Affairs (OGA), generously funded by the Bamford Foundation, will provide several $1,000 scholarships to students participating in study abroad programs in winter 2020.
The application deadline for spring quarter 2020 study abroad is December 1, 2019. Students who've already applied to summer 2020 study abroad programs may apply as well.
- Be a currently enrolled University of Washington Tacoma undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing;
- Have applied or plan to apply to a UW Tacoma study abroad program; proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement, but not at the time of application.
- Students who receive the OGA Study Abroad Scholarship are required to share their study abroad experience with the campus community by supporting OGA programs such as Study Abroad outreach events and our Global Ambassadors program.
- Clear connection between the applicant’s academic interests, professional goals, and the study abroad program.
- Clearly articulated understanding of the potential impact of the study abroad experience.
- Students participating in UW Tacoma study abroad programs.
- Students who have not yet studied abroad are especially encouraged to apply.
- Statement of Purpose Essay. In 500 words or less, please address the following questions:
- Why did you chose this program/country and how is it related to your current course of study?
- What connections do you see between this study abroad program and your future goals (academic, personal and/or professional)?
- A brief description of your study abroad program, including where you will go and what you will study.
- Statement of Financial Need. Briefly explain (in 50 words or less) if you have financial need for your study abroad program.
- Service Project Essay. In 200 words or less, please explain how you will help inspire other UW Tacoma students to pursue study abroad or other global learning opportunities.
- Students receive scholarship funding two weeks before their program fees are due.
- Spring 2020 recipients receive funding by April 17, 2020.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.