The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is located on the second floor of the Learning and Research Commons (LARC) in the Snoqualmie Building. Registered UW Tacoma students, and current faculty and staff, may use available tables and computer stations in the large open areas for individual and small group study. When the center is full, clients seeking academic assistance have first priority. After hours, the TLC's space becomes open LARC space and is subject to the UW Tacoma Library's policies and procedures.
TLC's Open Consulting/Study Area (SNO 260)
- Academic consultations and student study
- 18 single computers along the wall (17 PC & 1 Mac)
- 5 double-monitor workstations along the corridor
- Wireless connectivity
- Pharos printing is available outside of SNO 235A
TLC's Workshop Room (SNO 239)
The TLC's workshop room is available for student use when the TLC is closed.
- 2-hour limit for groups and students
- The room may be booked up to two weeks in advance.
- Reserve SNO 239
Equipment in the room includes:
- Instructor computer station
- Overhead projector for group work
Adaptive Technology Workstation (SNO 222D)
Adaptive technology available in the workstation:
- Adaptive software includes: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Jaws, WYNN Wizard, OpenBook, ZoomText*
- Rosetta Stone* (Latin American Spanish) is also available for use
- Reserve SNO 222D
The TLC's computers include the same computing software found elsewhere in the Snoqualmie Building.
More information about TLC equipment and software can be found on the LARC webpages.
* Student computers, adaptive technology workstation and Rosetta Stone provided by the Student Technology Fee.