The Teaching and Learning Center offers its services to all UW students, with priority given to currently enrolled UW Tacoma students. Students who use the TLC facilities and services are expected to follow the UW's Student Conduct Code. TLC staff may ask users to leave if they create conditions that impede the work of students or staff.
- The Quantitative Center primarily supports the instruction of UW Tacoma curricula; limited resources prevent us from routinely providing support to courses outside UWT. Students of UW Tacoma who are also enrolled at other campuses or colleges should first check with us to see if we can support instruction in their non-UWT courses.
- In the Writing Center, applicants to the University of Washington may access TLC services and resources to work on their application materials. Recent graduates may access services for applications related to graduate programs, fellowships, and job-seeking (e.g. resumes, cover letters, etc.).
QSS currently offers scheduled appointments. For SPSS projects, when you can schedule an appointment directly with Instructional Consultant Su-Miao Lai.
- When our space is open, you must check in at one of our computer terminals by swiping your student ID each time you visit the TLC.
- When we are operating face-to-face, drop-in sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. During peak times, you may have to wait for a tutor to become available.
Make an appointment
- Make your appointment .
- Fill out all of the required information--instructor, course number, and what you would like to work on.
- You are allowed to schedule up to 3 hours of consultations per week, with a daily limit of 60 minutes.
Canceling an appointment
- Advanced notice of cancelations are appreciated, not only by staff but other students who would like to use this limited resource.
- Please use the online system if you need to cancel an appointment.