What to Expect from a Writing Consultation
How to Get the Most out of Your Writing Consultation
Writing Center Consultation Policies
- Each student has a weekly limit of three total scheduled hours and a daily limit of 60 minutes. Any combination of 30- and 60-minute appointments is acceptable, so long as neither limit is exceeded. The scheduling system will prevent users from scheduling beyond these limits.
- A group of students working together on a shared writing project is limited to one 60-minute consultation per day.
- Fill out all of the required information--instructor, course number, and what you would like to work on.
- Make your appointment at least one hour prior to the appointment time.
- An appointment is considered missed when a student or paper is not present 10 minutes after the scheduled start of the appointment. A missed appointment counts toward a student's weekly limit of 3 hours of writing consultations. For example, if you miss a 1-hour appointment on Monday, you may still schedule or drop-in for up to two hours (in 25 or 50-minute sessions) during the remainder of the week.
On occasions when students cannot keep an appointment for any reason (e.g. illness, change in plans), we request that students cancel that appointment to make that time available to another student.
- Please use the online system if you need to cancel an appointment.