We are excited for you as you enter your first quarter at UW Tacoma!
Your assigned academic advisor will work with you until you declare or are accepted into your major. We are here to encourage your academic, personal and career goals.
Belw are steps to getting started!
- Set Up UW Email
- Email is the University's primary way of communicating with you. To protect your privacy, all electronic communication with the University should be sent from your UW email address that ends in @uw.edu or @washington.edu.
- Schedule an Advising Appointment
- Make an appointment as soon as you receive an email that your transfer credit evaluation has been completed from the Office of Admissions.
- Meet with your advisor to explore majors, clarify interests and strengths and to make an academic plan.
- We encourage you to meet with us early and often!
- Learn About Registration, Finding Classes and Making a Plan
- New and returning students register during Registration Period II (military connected students register November 15 and new and returning students register November 18).
- MyPlan is your online academic planning tool. You can search for classes, map out plans by quarter and audit your degree progress.
- Transfer credits are visible in your audit after they are evaluated by the Office of Admissions.
Student Advising Mentors are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm for drop-in advising in our office, GWP 102. They can answer quick questions about deadlines, how to register, UW Technologies and more.
We look forward with meeting with you!