THE CORE PROGRAM at UW TACOMA
The Core Program prepares students for success at the upper division level by focusing on campus-wide learning goals: communication and self-expression, civic engagement, critical inquiry, global perspectives, diverse cultural views and the ability to solve problems. This program is a coordinated series of courses representing the various disciplines in the university. You will take four courses that fulfill a portion of the university's general education requirements. The courses are designed to challenge you to develop critical thinking, writing, research and analytical skills. Each CORE class is capped at 25 students, and Composition courses are capped at 20. The small class size fosters a sense of community and engaged learning. See your advisor to enroll in these courses.
Descriptions from past quarters:
- Spring 2016 Core Course schedule with descriptions
- Winter 2016 Core Course schedule with descriptions
- Autumn 2015 Core Course schedule with descriptions
- Spring 2015 Core Course schedule with descriptions
- Winter 2015 Core Course schedule with descriptions
- Autumn 2014 Core Course schedule with descriptions
Current course titles and descriptions are available in the note section of the TCORE Time Schedule.