What is #HuskySnap?
The #HuskySnap Instagram contest is your invitation to enter into and get to know your campus and the surrounding community, make new friends across campus, and win some cool prizes!
How do I participate?
It's easy as 1-2-3!
- Read about the categories below and then start taking pictures!
- When you post a photo to Instagram, be sure to use the #HuskySnap hashtag, as well as the category hashtag - for example, #Diversity.
- Give your photo a brief caption, explaining how you feel it expresses the category you've chosen.
Then, you can check out your own posts, and those of others, on the #HuskySnap Tagboard!
Each category reflects a fundamental value of our university. Focus on just a few categories, or try to capture all six!
Awards Ceremony & Prizes
The contest will culminate with an awards ceremony, at which winning students will be presented with prizes. Check out our past winners!
- Photos posted to Instagram with the #HuskySnap hashtag between the future dates given are eligible to be considered for prizes.
- Photos must be publicly available in order to be eligible for prizes. If your account is set to private, contest judges will not be able to see your entries!
- Photos must be submitted by the photographer who took them.
- Filters and other editing tools available on your mobile phone may be used.
- By submitting photos, photographers grant the University of Washington Tacoma the right to use their photo for any and all purposes.
- Winners will be selected by a committee of students, staff, and faculty. Anyone may submit photos, but only UWT students will be eligible for prizes.
- Photographers may enter as many photos as they wish.
Terms and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY: Anyone is welcome to participate, but only UWT students will be eligible for prizes.
- SPONSOR: This contest is co-sponsored by the UWT Offices of Undergraduate Education and Student Transition Programs (Sponsors).
- HOW IT WORKS: Users must post their photos to Instagram with the #HuskySnap hashtag, as well as the hashtag of the appropriate category (ie, #community). Photos must be submitted by the photographer who took them. Users may submit as many photos as they wish for this contest. Winners will be selected by a committee of students, staff, and faculty.
- SELECTION CRITERIA: The selection committee will select prize winners in each category, as well as a grand prize winner, from among all eligible submissions. Submissions will be judged on creativity, originality, and expression of the photo categories.
- THE PRIZES: Prize winners will be announced at the awards ceremony, and winning photographs will be displayed on UWT websites, social media, and framed for display on campus.
- SUBMISSION CONTENT GUIDELINES: Submissions may not contain any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive;
- is violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- is profane;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- is obscene or offensive;
- endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, email addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others or any trademarks, names or logos owned by others;
- and/or violates any law.
All submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited,or inappropriate content deemed unacceptable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published. The Sponsors make the final determination as to which submissions are eligible to take part in this contest. The Sponsors reserve the right to modify the criteria, dates, and guidelines of — as well as cancel, modify or terminate — the contest at any time. By submitting your submission, you grant the Sponsors full and unlimited usage right to your submission, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium and unlimited right to display, reproduce, record, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, and re-title.