The Majors Fair is a good place for undecided students to start exploring a major. It's also great opportunity for students and academic programs to connect. For students, it provides a chance to meet staff and faculty from each academic program, learn about academic requirements, and opportunities your program has to offer. For departments, it's a terrific way to recruit students, inform students of major requirements, and promote other events.
What to bring:
- Information about major options, course requirements, and other relevant information.
- Handouts (posters or fliers) with departmental website and contact information.
- Departmental table drapes and other signage to direct students towards your area.
- Fun giveaways or UWT swag to make your table more attractive to students (candy, pens, keychains, etc.).
- nametags so students can identify that you are an employee of UW Tacoma.
- Have program representatives made up of staff, faculty, upperclass students, or recent graduates to answer questions.
- Bring more than one person so you get a short break.
- Be prepared to engage students rather than wait for them to approach you.
- This is a great time to promote new course offerings, internships, and other opportunities within your department.
- Departmental representatives should arrive before 10:45am (at least 15 minutes before the start of the event).
- Each program will be assigned a table or designated area.
- OUE staffing will be available to help with check-in and direct you on where you need to set-up.
What to expect:
- We will market the event campus-wide via e-mail, fliers, website, and social media.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
- It is expected that you have a representative at your table for the length of the fair, 11am-2pm.
To participate fill out a Departmental Registration Form.