OUE testing services have temporarily been placed on hold until further notice. We are not currently accepting any testing appointments at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If your instructor submitted a makeup exam request, please follow the steps below to schedule a test date.
- Confirm with your instructor that they have submitted a “Faculty Makeup Exam Request Form” at the OUE Testing Center. Makeup exams cannot be scheduled until the ‘Faculty Makeup Exam Request Form’ has been received by our office. Same-day appointment requests will not be accepted.
- Verify the first and last day in which you can test. Once you have established some possible test dates, you may schedule your makeup test appointment by clicking the link below.
- When scheduling a makeup exam you must provide at least three possible test days/times in which you will be available. Possible test dates must be held during the days/times your instructor suggests.
- You must schedule an exam at least 48 hours (two business days) prior to your faculty appointed test dates. If we do not hear from you at least 48 hours in advance, the exam will not be scheduled, and you will need to obtain your instructors permission before you are able to reschedule with our office. Please be advised that it’s the student’s responsibility to schedule a testing appointment, not our staff's.
- OUE will verify the test dates and schedule the exam at a mutually agreeable time (test appointments are dependent upon proctor availability). If the proposed dates do not work out, we will do our best to get you in, as long as they are within the dates proposed by your instructor.
- Once you have been scheduled, we will send you a confirmation and copy your instructor on the email (please verify all information).
- If the scheduled appointment time no longer works for you, you must notify our office immediately (253.692.4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not show up to an appointment (ie. “no show”), your instructor will be notified and his/her approval will be required in order to proceed with rescheduling.
3. Pay fees and charges (if applicable).
There is no fee for current UW Tacoma students using this service, unless one of the following applies:
- You are a student from another UW campus ($5 test fee).
- You are a UW Online Learning student completing online/correspondence courses ($20 test fee).
- You are an individual that needs to take an exam from another educational institution or organization ($40 test fee). Scheduling priority given to UW students. If you are a student from another institution, email email@example.com for more information.
Students must bring their ID card, receipt of payment (if applicable), and any materials their instructor has required to complete the exam.
Please note: we do not provide testing materials such as scantrons, blue books or test aids such as calculators, dictionaries, etc.
If you require accommodations, please let us know at least 5 days in advance of the test date in order to receive testing accommodations. We will try our best to accomodate you or assist you any way we can. For disability support please contact Disability Resources for Students at 253-692-4508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.