Jobs related to Urban Design, Urban Studies, and Sustainable Urban Development can include planning, community development, public works, city policy, education, administration, law and non-profit work. Marketable skills include problem solving, critical thinking, spatial analysis, technical skills (computer, statistics, map design), research, writing and presentation skills.
What can I do with a degree in Urban Studies or Sustainable Urban Development?
Where can I start my search for a job or internship?
University of Washington Job Listings
- Handshake - University of Washington's Career & Internship Center's Job & Internship Platform
- UWT Career Development page for job and internship postings
- Association of Washington Cities JobNet listings of jobs in cities throughout Washington State and the Northwest.
- American Planning Association - Washington Chapter listings of planning jobs in Washington State and elsewhere.
- Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Council of Governments (CWCOG) regional planning agency in Southwest Washington.
- Gov Jobs Today listings of public service jobs in the Northwest.
- Idealist careers in non-profits and human services.
- Planetizen- Listing of urban planning jobs within the US and beyond.
- Sound Cities Association represents 36 cities in King County.
- Washington State Government Jobs database of job listings at federal, state, and local level.
University Career Resources
The University of Washington offers a diverse array of career services. The UW Tacoma Career Development Center assists undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in developing, evaluating, and implementing career and educational decisions.