- March 15, 2020 - Priority deadline and international student application deadline
- June 17, 2020 - Final application deadline
How to Apply
The UW Graduate School and MS in Geospatial Technologies application can be found online at https://www.grad.washington.edu/admissions/apply-now/
Each application to the graduate school requires a non-refundable $85 application fee.
Step 1: Create a "new applicant profile"
- Provide your contact and other personal information at the University of Washington Graduate School application website.
Step 2: Complete UW Graduate School online application
- Complete the Application for Admission to the UW Graduate School online (select: "Urban Studies - Tacoma (MS - Geospatial Technologies"). You may log in as often as you like to update your application. Once you are finished with your application, you may submit the $85 fee using a credit card. Once the fee is submitted, you will not have access to make any changes.
Step 3: Submit supplemental application materials via the UW Graduate School online application.
- Upload Statement of Purpose. Submit a 500-1000 word essay addressing the following 3 items:
1. Why have you chosen to pursue a Master of Science in Geospatial Technologies at the University of Washington Tacoma?
2. How would a Master of Science at the University of Washington Tacoma contribute to your career goals?
3. How does your experience and education qualify you to meet the prerequisites for this Master of Science Degree?
- Upload current resume/CV
- Upload one transcript from each post-secondary school you have attended. The Graduate School in Seattle will require an official transcript for degree verification after you have accepted an offer of admission. Please do not mail official transcripts to Tacoma and do not send official copies to the Graduate School until after you have received an offer of admission. If the bachelor degree is in progress, send the most recent transcript available from that college/university. If you list additional classes that you have taken (post-graduate courses), you must also provide the Graduate School with official transcripts to support this work after you have been accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. You provide the recommender's name, e-mail address and phone number, then our system will send an e-form to your recommender. You may list up to three recommenders in the application.
- Please check your application file frequently to make sure your recommendations have been received.
Applicants with international baccalaureate degree or higher
March 15 is the application deadline for applicants with international baccalaureate degrees or higher.
Your international transcript must include:
- Degree statement, including date of graduation and title of academic degree awarded
- All coursework with grades
- The record must be submitted in the original language along with a certified English translation
For application review you may provide copies if they meet the criteria outlined above.
If you are admitted to the MSGT program and choose to attend, then the UW Graduate School will require you to submit official International Academic Credentials. For additional information on this requirement, refer to the UW Graduate School website.