Conference Services can assist with any conference (academic or non-academic) that your department would like to host. If you are interested in booking a conference, please contact Tyler Pederson by email or phone at 253-692-4676.
Note that UW Tacoma is required by state law to charge for any non-UW Tacoma use of campus facilities (WAC 478-136).
What makes my UW Tacoma activity a conference?
If ANY of the following are true, your activity must be coordinated through Conference Services:
- The event charges a registration fee.
- The event involves fundraising for an external organization.
- The event doesn't directly fulfill the University of Washington Tacoma's mission.
Please note UW Bothell and UW Seattle entities must also work with Conference Services to book any meetings, events or conferences they would like to host at UW Tacoma.
A unit has two options if they wish to partner with an outside entity to host an event at UW Tacoma.
- Provide unit staff to assist with the planning and to be the Responsible Event Manager and On-Site Point of Contact for the event. If you select this option, Conference Services staff will be onsite on the day of the event to ensure the event gets started. Once the event is started they will turn things over to the unit staff.
- Pay Conference Services to staff the event.
All unit-sponsored events must be approved by the Dean/Director or Vice Chancellor of the sponsoring unit. Conference Services staff will provide all planning assistance to the outside entity.