Objective: Learn how to block rooms from being able to schedule. Support departments must work with the space scheduler to temporarily take space offline for maintenance, repairs, or refreshes.
1. Log in the Admin Utility. From the Home tab, select ManageLocations or click on the Locations tab.
2. Then select the Editicon (blue cube with green pen).
3. Search for your locations via Name Search or Saved Searches, if you have any.
TIP: If you plan to edit two or more locations, create a location search containing those spaces prior to logging in the Admin Utility.
4. Select one or more locations and click the Edit button.
TIP: Use CTRL + Arrow key + Spacebar or CTRL + left mouse click to select multiple items.
5. In the Edit Locations screen, scroll down to the Blackout Dates section and click the Edit button. If you are editing two or more locations, you will have a choice to Add or Remove blackout dates
ADD BLACKOUT DATES: Click the New Blackout button. Enter the name of your blackout. Select the date range and then determine the number of occurrences. This could be one day or multiple dates, weeks or months. Once the occurrences are set up, click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
REMOVE BLACKOUT DATES: Although you can easily add blackout dates to a group of locations, you cannot mass-remove blackout dates. To remove, you have to edit each location one at a time and select the red X for each blackout you want to remove. When finished, click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.