All banners hung at UW Tacoma are subject to prior approval by the UUF committee.
- Banners should be used to promote date specific events or activities.
- Banners may not be displayed for more than 30 days.
- Banners must conform to all ADA requirements, and must not impede access or pose a safety hazard in any way.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Facilities Services staff are required to hang banners displayed over the Grand Staircase. There is a charge for the hanging service.
Details about your banner:
- All banners should have reinforced metal grommets.
- Banners being hung on the railings outside of buildings should be hung using zip ties. Units are responsible for checking their banners to ensure they are properly hung for the duration of their approved request.
- Banners being displayed over the Grand Staircase are required to be 15 feet 10 1/2 inches wide and 3 feet tall. These banners should have air holes placed in them to ensure they are not destroyed by the wind.
- Banners should be easy to read from the street. We recommend single-color backgrounds.
- Designs should be simple/uncomplicated so that they are easy to read or understand from a distance.
Please submit your request a minimum of 2 weeks before you want the banner to be displayed.