Meeting Minutes

Main page content

General Membership Meeting Minutes

August 28, 2018

Attendance: Beth J., Dixielynn G., David R., Audrey C., Leanne L-B., Carmen W., Leisa S., Kira K., Will T.

Introductions

New Business:

  • Beth will work with CHI to coordinate a time this autumn for the suicide prevention workshop and will connect with Jill P. as well
  • Audrey confirmed time and date of October 10th, 12-1:30 for Dr. Jane Cornman to present on neuroscience, epigenetics, ACEs and resilience (NEAR); this presentation will take place of our regular bi-monthly meeting
  • Leisa is working with Jill P. to renew UW TACADA’s NACADA Allied Membership status for 2018-2019
  • Dixielynn will send information re: model student patient opportunity to distribute to members
  • Leisa shared Jill P. encouraging TACADA to reach out to invite Dr. Nichols, the new Director of the Student Counseling Center to a future TACADA meeting; Leisa will connect with Dr. Nichols to extend an invitation

Members encouraged to send ideas for future discussion topics/agenda items to tacada@uw.edu

Today's Discussion topic: So Where’s Home? A Film about Third Culture Kid Identity: https://vimeo.com/41264088

Next steps for November meeting:

  • Moving general membership meeting time to new break (12:30-1:30) beginning in November
  • Beth will work with CHI Franciscan representative and Jill P. to solidify a day/time for the suicide awareness workshop this autumn
  • Logo discussion
  • UW Autism Center- possible future guest workshop
  • TACADA Discussion topic slated for August meeting: TBD
  • Fundraiser for the pantry (ongoing)
  • TACADA Mixer

 

General Membership Meeting Minutes

June 27, 2018

Attendance: Beth J., David R., Jill H., Audrey C., Leanne L-B., Carmen W., Leisa S., Beverly V., Annemarie M., Aubree S., Kira K., Karin D.

New Business:

  • Beth reported that she has been in touch with a CHI Franciscan representative and shared the content of the different suicide prevention workshops they offer.  Beth will work with CHI to coordinate a time for late October for the workshop.
  • Audrey reported possible time/day for Jane Compson to attend a TACADA meeting this autumn to share what she and her colleagues do involving neuroscience, epigenetics, ACEs and resilience.

Committee Report-Out:

Membership Committee Report-Out (Jill H. and Leisa S.): Met with Nedralani Mailo, Pantry coordinator, to discuss a possible fundraiser for UWT Pantry to raise funds for reusable bags (possibly co-sponsor with another department); also discussed general fundraising for nutritional food items and other living staples.  Leisa will send KNKX/NPR link highlighting UWT Pantry to TACADA members.

Discussion topic:  Trevor Ragan’s youtube video: Teaching a Growth Mindset

Members encouraged to send ideas for future discussion topics/agenda items to tacada@uw.edu

Next steps for August meeting:

  • Beth will work with CHI Franciscan representative to solidify a day/time for the suicide awareness workshop for October
  • Jane Cornman’s (ACES) presentation this autumn: Audrey will solidify day/time for autumn
  • Logo discussion
  • UW Autism Center- possible future guest workshop
  • TACADA Discussion topic slated for August meeting: So Where’s Home? A Film About Third Culture Kid Identity: https://vimeo.com/41264088
  • Fundraiser for the pantry (ongoing)
  • TACADA Mixer (Yea or Nea? If so, when and where?)

 

General Membership Meeting Minutes

April 18, 2018

Attendance: Beth J., David R., Jill H., Audrey C., Leanne L-B., Leisa S., Brian H., Will T., Kira K., Annemarie M., Kerry B., Jacob M., Lindsey C., Beverly V., Megan R.

New Business:

  • Resources link on website updated with upcoming curated professional development article-all members are welcome to recommend a future topic/article/TEDTalk for discussion
  • Beth reported that CHI Franciscan is willing to offer a free suicide awareness workshop
  • Housing awareness-connect with Roseann Martinez
  • Thrive Washington representatives would like to attend a TACADA meeting this autumn to share what they do involving neuroscience, epigenetics, ACEs and resilience (NEAR).
  • Logo discussion-would we like a student to design or work with Advancement?  Pros and cons of each discussed.  Members are encouraged to submit ideas-can send to TACADA email

Scavenger Hunt report-out; Jacob Martens will send SAES flowchart in order to help develop the Scavenger Hunt Google doc that: 

1) asks what students are asking

2) asks what should students be asking

3) determines who are the go-to people in each of these services, with whom we share the Google doc and bring on board as to what the scavenger hunt is trying to do. We might also trade the word student with faculty/staff in questions one and two.

*Beverly Vari will join Jacob and Brian in developing.

Committee Report-Out (by-laws, etc.)

Membership Committee Report-Out (Jill H. and Leisa S.): Possible fundraiser for UWT Pantry to raise funds for reusable bags (possibly co-sponsor with another department)

Next steps for June meeting:

  • Beth-update on CHI Franciscan Suicide Awareness workshop for autumn
  • Logo discussion
  • UW Autism Center- possible future guest workshop
  • Thrive Washington presentation this autumn: solidify day/time
  • Teaching a Growth Mindset: Unleashing the Learning Machine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqT6_1cv00
  • Fundraiser for the pantry (reusable bags)
  • TACADA Mixer (When? Where?)

 

General Membership Meeting Minutes

January 17, 2018

Attendance: Beth J., David R., Jill H., Audrey C., Leanne L-B., Sarah Y., Brian H., Tony M., Kira K., Lorraine D., Will T., Leisa S.

New Business:

Assistant Registrar Tony Myers elected to Treasurer position to replace Dustin Smith

Scavenger Hunt re-cap (Jacob Martens and Brian Heaven will coordinate)

  • New faculty tour
  • Virtual tour

Overview of Committees (by-laws, etc.)

  • Professional Development: Discussed possibility of discussing TED Talks, scholarly articles, etc. at future meeting (subjects such as growth mindset, persistence, etc) in lieu of committee, all members could feel free to provide articles/talks of interest to discuss at future meetings.
  • Membership Committee Report-Out (Jill H. and Leisa S.):
  • Meet prospective members face-to-face
  • Provide a “take away” (window decal, magnet, etc.)
  • Follow-up with prospective members via email and\or website
  • Ideas for next steps:
    • Promote the TACADA mission – narrow and describe with easy to follow steps. Networking, Professional Development, Leadership Experience, Engagement and Support (not necessarily in that order)
    • Check procedure for linking other campus organizations to TACADA website. Policy?
    • Ask current members best procedure and ideas for recruiting: Some feedback required.
    • Host an event where prospective members may want to attend? Open House, special speaker?
    • Ask each current member to invite at least one new member to event or next meeting
    • Build website as resource for members and information for prospective members

Discussion:

TMATH 120 revision

Slush fund possibility for TACADA use

Add information on TACADA website (resources for future meeting discussion: TED Talks, articles, webinars, etc.)

Next steps:

***Design a TACADA logo - Freelance Artist or Advancement?***

  • Welcome new members
  • Discuss website resources
  • Goals for 2018
  • TACADA Mixer

 

General Membership Meeting Minutes

October 26, 2017

Attendance: Dixielynn G., Jill H., Audrey C., Heidi N., Leanne L-B., Leisa S., Dustin S., Brian H., Tony M., Kira K., David R., Susan M., Courtney K., Dwayne C., Derek R.

Overview of Ground Rules:

  • Safe space for ideas
  • Interdisciplinary vision
  • Open-mindedness (think outside of the box, not to be afraid to try new ideas)
  • Focus on urban serving mission
  • Accountability (to values and mission)
  • Solution orientated
  • Networking
  • Disruptive innovations
  • Assume positive intent
  • Action orientated/in pursuit

    New Business:

    Farewell to Dustin Smith, a founding member and TACADA Treasurer

    Treasurer vacancy (nomination form will be available early December)

    Scavenger Hunt re-cap (Jacob Martens and Brian Heaven will coordinate)

    Housing Resource List

  • Committee Assemblage

    Overview of Committees (by-laws, etc.)

    Possible Committees:

  • Professional development: Guest speakers and internal guest speakers. Peer reviewed/scholarly articles.
  • Membership Committee: Jill H. and Leisa volunteered to co-chair this committee  

Brian Heaven:  TMATH 115/TMATH 120 discussion-which class is best for students?

  • Next steps:

    Fill Treasurer vacancy

  • Fill chair position for:  Professional Development Committee
  • Committees report-out at next meeting
  • Announce new Treasurer
  • Welcome new members
  • Discuss website resources
  • Goals for 2018
  • TACADA Mixer

 

General Membership Meeting Minutes

June 13, 2017

Attendance: Paul, Dayna, Annemarie Martin, Kira, Leisa, Audrey, Jill H., Kerry, Courtney, Sarah, Jacob M.

Shared values (ground rules):  

  • Safe space for ideas,
  • interdisciplinary vision,
  • open-mindedness (think outside of the box, not to be afraid to try new ideas),
  • focus on urban serving mission,
  • accountability (to values and mission),
  • solution orientated,
  • Networking
  • Disruptive innovations
  • Assume positive intent
  • Action orientated/in pursuit

Potential committees:

  • Professional development: Guest speakers and internal guest speakers. Peer reviewed/scholarly articles.
  • Membership: Needs personal invite.
    • Staff/faculty outreach
    • Students
  • Cross Communication, Bridge Development, and Knowledge Sharing (Together We Grow Sessions). Combining forces.
  • “Labs” - Example: Empathy labs.

Create scavenger hunt for faculty

  1. Mental health support
  2. Etc...

Summer’s next steps:

New faculty orientation sept 9 (or sometime that week).