Counseling and Psychological Services is offering teletherapy services via Zoom for winter quarter 2021.
There are potential benefits and risks of video-conferencing (e.g. limits to patient confidentiality) that differ from in-person sessions.
• Confidentiality still applies for telepsychology services.
• Sessions will not be recorded without your prior consent.
• You agree to use Zoom for our virtual sessions, and you will receive an e-mail prior to the scheduled appointment with a meeting invite and instructions on how to attend your appointment via Zoom.
• It is important to be on time. If you need to cancel or change your appointment you must notify Counseling & Psychological Services in advance by phone at (253) 692-4522 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you have not joined the Zoom meeting within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment time the clinician will end the meeting and you will need to contact Counseling & Psychological Services to reschedule.
• It is important for you to be in a quiet, private space that is free of distractions (including cell phone or other devices) during the session.
• You agree to use a webcam or smartphone during the session. It is important to use a secure internet connection rather than public/free Wi-Fi.
• You agree to provide your physical location and address at the start of session.
• You agree to provide a phone number where you can be reached to restart the session or to reschedule it in the event of technical problems.
• You agree to provide the name and telephone number of a person who can serve as your emergency contact if there is an emergency or crisis.
IMPORTANT: We are not legally allowed to provide therapy or other clinical services outside of Washington state. You must be in Washington state at the time for each teletherapy appointment