Initialize Benefits

Main page content

If you are using VA educational benefits, please follow the below steps:

 Step one: Turn in all required documents to the VMRC. More information on Initializing Benefits tabs.

 Step two: Meet with an advisor to register for classes. More information on Academic Advising.

 Step three:  Request certification. To request certification for your VA benefits, you will need to follow the below online certification link, login using your UW NetID, fill out the required fields, and submit your schedule. This applies to all benefit chapters. We will not accept requests via email. Failure to submit certification requests will delay your monthly living/ book stipends.

Note: If you have already submitted a certification request and need to inform us of a schedule change, please edit the already submitted certification request rather than creating a new one.

Certification Request Link

Students who receive VA benefits, tuition assistance, or are eligible for Washington State Tuition Waivers for Veterans, Spouses/Dependents are encouraged to contact us to verify all documentation has been received.

Don’t forget before registering:

  • Pay or defer your $100.00 New Student Enrollment & Orientation Fee (NSEOF)
    • (You will NOT be able to register if this process is not completed)
  • Provide your Immunization Verification Record
  • For additional information Email:  Remote Office Hours:  M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm