Welcome to the University of Washington Tacoma! We are so excited to have you.
Military Connections: New Student Day caters to our military-connected students and is specifically developed for:
- All veterans, reservists, active duty and national guard members
- All military spouses
- Only those military children using VA educational benefits.
At Military Connections: New Student Day, you will:
- Connect with Veteran and Military Resource Center staff who will help you setup your VA educational benefits and ease your transition to UWT
- Meet with University Academic Advising and register for classes. Note: new veteran and contracted ROTC students receive priority registration, attend this event to take advantage of early registration
- Have the option to take the Math Placement Test, which is needed for some majors prior to course registration.
Your Next Steps:
- Register for Military Connections: New Student Day. Choose to attend on either June 20 (afternoon) or June 21 (morning). REGISTER HERE
- Register for Husky Orientation. Husky Orientation is your official welcome to UWT and where you’ll receive your Husky ID card. REGISTER HERE
Documents to Bring:
- Ch 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- 1905 from Voc Rehab Counselor
- Ch 33 Post 9/11
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- DD214 (Veteran Only)
- Ch 1606
- Ch 35 DEA/100% Tuition Waiver
- COE indicating DEA benefits
- Proof of Disability/Death/MIA/POW
- Birth or marriage certificate
- Veteran’s DD214
- 50% Tuition Waiver for Washington domiciliary
- Tuition Assistance
- Tuition Assistance form signed by ESO
If neither the June 20th or 21st dates work with your schedule, please contact University Academic Advising to learn about your options.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call our office at (253) 692-4857. For questions regarding VA educational benefits, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (253) 692-5723.
University Academic Advising
GWP, Room 102
Veteran and Military Resource Center
TLB, Room 307A