First Symposium: May 22, 2013
The first in a series of symposia on the United States’ strategic rebalance toward Asia-Pacific was hosted on May 22, 2013 at UW Tacoma
- Major General Jeffrey S. Buchanan, Deputy Commanding General, I Corps, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- Daniel Malarkey, Deputy Director, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Michael Rawding, Founding Principal, Deerhorn Advisors
- Beth Rivin, M.D., M.P.H., Faculty, University of Washington School of Law and Departments of Global Health and Bioethics and Humanities in the Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Vice-President of Uplift International and Visiting Professor at University of Gadjah School of Medicine in Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
Professor Divya McMillin, University of Washington Tacoma
Second Symposium: January 14, 2014
This second event in a series of symposia focuses on the role of leadership and the importance of international political perspectives in shaping relations between the United States and the Asia-Pacific.
- Minister Counselor Liu Weimin Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United States
- Lieutenant General Robert Brown Commanding General, I Corps Joint Base Lewis-McChord (to read the General's Blog please click here.)
- President Michael Young University of Washington (for full CV please click here.)
Professor Reşat Kasaba Director, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
Watch online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2krRFOJ20
Third Symposium: October 21, 2014
The third event in a series of symposia focuses on delivering humanitarian assistance and supporting regional stability.
- Deputy Consul General Jaime Ramon T. Ascalon, Philippine Consulate General office
- William (Bill) Decker, board member of ShelterBox
- Stephen Dun, a Karen from Burma
- Lieutenant General Stephen R. Lanza, U.S. Army, Commanding General, I Corps, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Bill Kunz University of Washington Tacoma
Watch online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vcceI1Axc
Fourth Symposium: October 29, 2015
This is the fourth in a series of symposia that focuses on President Obama’s foreign policy of a “strategic rebalance” to the Asia-Pacific region and “whole of government” approach to stability and security.
- Moon Duk-Ho, Consul General, Korean Consulate General in Seattle
- Robert Hamilton, Governor Inslee's Advisor for Trade Policy, Office of the Governor
- Stephen R. Lanza, Lieutenant General, U.S. Army, Commanding General, I Corps, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- Clark W. Sorensen, Director, Center for Korean Studies, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
Saadia Pekkanen, Job and Gertrud Tamaki Professor, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
Watch online: https://youtu.be/GW0a2jnxEOE