Maintaining safety on campus is everyone's business...
Campus Safety and Security Department is a team of men and women committed to ensuring the safety and security of the University of Washington Tacoma campus community. We are comprised of a Director, Program Coordinator, two Campus Security Sergeant, and eleven Campus Security Officers. We all strive to conduct ourselves with the highest standards of professionalism, ethical behavior, and pride in all we do. Many of our staff are trained and certified as instructors for our educational programs.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 a year to provide a safe and secure educational environment for the University. We work as liaisons with our local emergency responders such as Tacoma Fire Department, Tacoma Police Department and Pierce County Emergency Management. Our department’s phone number is 253-692-4416 or come by for a visit. Our office is located in the Dougan building, suite 180. For non-emegency assistance you can also email our department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please dial 911 for all emergencies on campus tht require police/fire/medical assistance. Our staff will also be notified to respond as well.
Campus Security Values:
- Respect: We safeguard the dignity and rights of all individuals.
- Trust: We maintain an environment of trust with each other and the people we serve.
- Partnerships: We work with all segments of our community through effective communication and collaboration.
- Professionalism: We strive to maintain the highest standards of conduct and training.
- Accountability: We accept individual responsibility for our actions
- It is important to promptly report suspicious activity or incidents to Campus Safety and Security, even if you are not sure criminal activity has taken place.
- Tacoma Police Department will quickly respond to violent crimes and other incidents beyond the capabilities of the Campus Safety staff. This kind of partnership is very common on college and university campuses across the nation. UW Tacoma enjoys a very quick response time from Tacoma police, and their officers spend a significant amount of time here getting to know our people and our campus.
Access to Campus
If you need to be in a campus building after regular working hours you should notify your unit supervisor or class instructor as well as the Campus Safety officer on duty so they can consider your safety during their patrols. Several campus rooms are protected by intrusion alarms. Before entering such areas, Campus Safety and Security should be called.
|UW Tacoma EH&S||UW Seattle EH&S|
|Safe Campus||Office of the Ombud|
|Tacoma Police Department||Pierce County Emergency Mgmt.||Tacoma Fire Dept.|