Nursing program scholarships
The University of Washington Tacoma Nursing Program is offering four scholarships for current and newly admitted undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 academic year. Last year, awards ranged from $500 - $5,000 each. Awarded scholarships will be applied to tuition.
Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and academic performance. If you have not already done so, submit the 2014 - 2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Federal School Code 003798. Have your Expected Family Contribution number ready for the application.
Some Nursing scholarships require a personal essay. Completed online applications (and any additional required items) are due August 29, 2014. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are two applications, one for BSN students and the other for MN students. Descriptions of supplemental items and personal essay topics are under the links below:
- Multicare Endowed Scholarship applicants can find the supplemental application form here. (link also in online application)
- For military-orientated Double Eagle Scholarship: 1,000 words or less describing how obtaining a nursing degree will help you acheive your military career goals or how this degree will help to acheive your professional or educational goals.
- For merit-based, Physicians' Scholarship: 1,000 words or less describing your goals for professional development, financial need and any barriers or difficulties you have faced in obtaining higher education.
You cannot save and return to the application. Once you begin the application, you must complete it, or quit and start over. Therefore, you should write your personal essay before starting the application.
Other scholarships and additional information
- UW Tacoma Scholarships
- UW Tacoma Financial Aid
- UW Tacoma Office of Student Fellowships & Awards (OSFA)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Scholarship Resources
- The American Legion Eight and Forty Lung and Respiratory Disease Nursing Scholarship
- The Army Nurse Corps Association
- Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Search Engine
- Mary Mahoney Professional Nurses Organization
- National Student Nurses' Association
- Nursing Students of Washington State
- Pierce County Nurses Association
- Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Resources Nursing Scholarship Program
- UW School of Nursing: Financial Support
- UW School of Nursing: Types of Funding
- Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Information
- Washington Center for Nursing
- Washington Center for Nursing Scholarships