Nursing program scholarships
The University of Washington Tacoma Nursing Program is offering scholarships for current and newly admitted undergraduate and graduate students for the 2015-2016 academic year. Last year, awards ranged from $500 - $5,000 each. In most cases, funds are applied to tuition only.
Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and academic performance. Before applying you must submit the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Federal School Code 0037989. Have the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number read when beginning the application.
Some Nursing scholarships require a personal essay. Completed online applications (and additional required items) are due May 8, 2015. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Below are the topics for the scholarships which require essays. You cannot save and return to the application. Once you begin, you must complete it or quit and start over. Therefore, have you personal essay ready before starting the application.
- For merit-based scholarships: 1,000 words or less describing your goals for professional development, financial need and any barriers or difficulties you have faced in obtaining higher education.
- For military-orientated Double Eagle Scholarship: 1,000 words or less describing how obtaining a nursing degree will help you achieve your military career goals or how this degree will help achieve your professional or educational goals.
- For Marjorie Dobratz Student Support Fund Scholarship: 1,000 words or less describing your interest in the MN program and the Nurse Education curriculum option, your professional goals upon graduating, and how this scholarship will help you accomplish these professional goals.
Other scholarships and additional information
- UW Tacoma Scholarships
- UW Tacoma Financial Aid
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Scholarship Resources
- The American Legion Eight and Forty Lung and Respiratory Disease Nursing Scholarship
- The Army Nurse Corps Association
- Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Search Engine
- Mary Mahoney Professional Nurses Organization
- National Student Nurses' Association
- Nursing Students of Washington State
- Pierce County Nurses Association
- Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Resources Nursing Scholarship Program
- UW School of Nursing: Financial Support
- UW School of Nursing: Types of Funding
- Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Information
- Washington Center for Nursing
- Washington Center for Nursing Scholarships