- Fulfill the high school course requirements, known as the College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs)
- Submit your SAT/ACT test scores
- Submit a complete application, including your personal statement and activity log
- Submit the UW Tacoma Freshman Application.
- Complete the academic course grid, an accurate listing of all courses you completed during grades 9 through 11, as well as courses you will complete during your senior year. There are instructions on the application to help you complete the grid successfully.
- Write your personal statement
- Complete the activity log by listing your awards, achievements, jobs and school and community activities.
- Pay the $60 application fee ($75 for international applicants) at the conclusion of your application. Please note, it is at that time you may request a fee waiver.
- Submit official standardized test scores.
- Submit official Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB), or College-level Examination Program (CLEP) scores (if applicable).
- Please be aware that official college or high school transcripts may be required at the time of application; check if you will need to submit your transcripts.
When should I submit my application?
Turn in your complete application as early as possible to ensure that you receive priority consideration for admission and scholarships. Applications received after the priority application date will be considered on a space-available basis.
- January 15 - Autumn quarter priority application deadline
- October 15 - Winter quarter priority application deadline
If you have questions about completing the application, email email@example.com or call 253-692-4742.