Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council - Values, Vision, and Mission
The Milgard DEI Council works collaboratively to intentionally educate ourselves and members of the Milgard School of Business about diversity, equity, and inclusion. We provide policy recommendations and advocacy to create a more inclusive and just community, create safe spaces for students, faculty, and staff to grow and learn, and hold ourselves and others accountable when internalized racism is externalized in our policies, interactions, teaching and learning.
- Cultivating a growth mindset in service to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valuing, celebrating, and revering the unique characteristics and lived experiences of individuals and communities.
- Practicing accountability and transparency in decision-making and actions.
- Balancing power among stakeholders and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships.
- Recognizing disparities and fighting to disrupt institutionalized oppression at the departmental, college, community, and societal level.
The Milgard Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council envisions a future where the Milgard School of Business:
- Cultivates a sense of belonging and caring that is pervasive for students, staff, faculty, and members of the community.
- Promotes boundless personal and professional growth by generating inclusive and equitable opportunities for all.
- Encourages a spirit of connection for social justice that is rooted in action.
BABA Alum 2022
JANET DE LA CRUZ
Undergraduate Academic Advisor, Milgard School of Business
MBA student (class of 2023)
Director, Undergraduate Programs
SHALINI SARIN JAIN , Ph.D
Associate Professor of Management, DEI Director, Milgard School of Business
MSAcc Student (Class of 2023)
Accounting Program Advising and Support Coordinator
BABA Student (Class of 2023) DEI Student Staff
MSBA Alum 2021, Business Data Analyst, Forum Solutions LLC
MBA Alum 2020: Teaching Professor, STEM-Business
MSBA Alum 2019,
BI Engineer - Amazon
MBA Alum 2020: Nurse Manager, Valley Medical Center
MBA Alum 2021, Project & Office Administrator, T.Y. Lin
Established in January 2021, Milgard’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Council is an advisory and recommending body to the Dean on inculcation of best practices and policies and promotion of knowledge and skills to ensure that all members of the Milgard community are treated with respect and dignity, have access and voice, and an opportunity to display their full potential. Chaired by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, the Council will consist of 12-15 individuals representing all constituent groups including undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, faculty, staff, and community collaborators. The first cohort of Council members will serve a 1-2 year term, meeting monthly from September to June in the academic year.