During the academic year, many research opportunities are available in the Center for Urban Waters laboratory for UW Tacoma undergraduate students interested in gaining research experience, earning internship credits, and earning income.
As a member of our research group, we will provide you with:
- Access to the laboratory and field equipment and supplies required to conduct research.
- The opportunity to experience working within a research group comprised of undergraduate, graduate, post-doctoral, and professional scientists.
- The independence to pursue your own interests as your project develops.
- Potential opportunities to present your results at local, regional, and national conferences.
As a member of our research group, you will be expected to:
- Take your work seriously, dedicating the time and effort required to complete high-quality research.
- As your schedule allows, participate in all aspects of the research group, including group discussions, assisting others in their projects, and attending special seminars, etc.
- Maintain a realistic workload and schedule so that your project will be completed on time.
NOTE: Our research group is based at the Center for Urban Waters in Tacoma, which is approximately two miles from the UW Tacoma campus. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from Urban Waters.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news about learning opportunities for students: