The Pantry exists to provide free supplemental, nutritious, and culturally relevant food as well as hygiene items to any UW Tacoma student who needs it. The CEI partners with Nourish Pierce County and several other organizations on campus to provide this service and created continued support.
MISSION OF THE PANTRY
The Pantry aims to ensure that all students have access to healthy food and basic need items. We serve a diverse student population, which calls for services that can fit their needs. We provide culturally relevant food items to foster a sense of belonging. We continue to consult with students on food item suggestions to ensure their voices are being heard.
HOW TO RECEIVE FOOD/HYGIENE ITEMS
- The Pantry will be open for in-person shopping.
- We have discontinued online order forms.
- Students can visit ONCE a week to the Pantry and take up 20 items each week.
- Please continue practicing social-distancing with other patrons of the Pantry and Pantry employees.
- If you are sick, we ask that you kindly wait til you recover to access the Pantry or fill out the Online Pantry Food Order below and one of the student staff can put your order together and all you'll need to do is pick up your groceries.
- The Pantry does not operate on Saturday and Sunday.
- Upon arriving to the Pantry, students will be required to bring their UW net ID.
- Students will be provided masks and gloves upon arrival.
- Students will be prompted to complete a "first time visitor form" or a "return user form" before shopping.
- Once shopping is complete, orders will be weighed
Online Pick-Up Food Order Form is no longer available.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
The Pantry provides a variety of different food options, both perishable and non-perishable food items that accommodate different dietary needs such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher and lactose-free items. There is also a self-serve selection area that includes seasonings and baking products.
Hygiene items are also available such as shampoos, conditioners, toothbrushes, toothpastes, baby diapers ranging from different sizes,
For special circumstances please contact the Pantry via email or phone call.
Location: Dougan 104
Autumn 2022 Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Support The Pantry
The Pantry accepts non-perishable and perishable foods and hygiene items as donations. We cannot accept items that are damaged, expired, or open. We also cannot accept home-cooked or home-grown items such as bread, eggs, or dairy products. We have a fridge and freezer which allows us to have perishable items such as produce and dairy products alike. Items can be dropped off directly at the Pantry during hours of operation.
See our Pantry Wishlist for what students are asking for. These donations can be dropped off directly to the Pantry in DOU 104.